Monday, May 11, 2009

Big Black Nothing

It appears it's been several months since anyone's posted anything on here. It's been a busy couple of months though. Spring has sprung. Exams have come and gone. New experiences and opportunities have presented themselves, the Michael Scott Paper Company succeeded and failed, the DTV transition has occurred? And John Townsend Sutton owns his very own laptop.

I've been working a lot, staying busy. I feel tired most days, especially those in which I work both jobs, but I'm also filled with an energy that keeps me going. Maybe it's because the weather is getting warmer, or that I feel more financially stable, or maybe it's because Alex is back in my life. We've both changed a lot. I wouldn't have noticed it had we not been apart for basically two years now, but I can definitely feel it. We feel more settled, more at peace. And, just like last time, he makes me feel normal.

My plan for teaching is in full swing and everything is planned out. All I have to do is keep my focus and push on through until this time next year, I'll be a teacher...well, an out-of-work teacher. But I'll be certified to teach.

For now, it's a rainy Monday morning. I'm sitting at the coffee shop, watching all the regular customers come and go, satisfied with their coffees and pastries. Bonnaroo is in 30 days. Summer vacation is right around the corner and everything is looking up.

Michael Scott Quote: What is more important than quality? Equality.

No comments: