Wednesday, September 24, 2008

the Uglysuit

Ok, two things to share. First of all, I think I'm in love. It's a band called The Uglysuit and I haven't stopped listening to them. I'm obsessed, addicted and I don't ever want to stop. This album is incredible and made me fall in love with headphones again. They're as dynamic as Phish but with more cohesive songwrtiting. The lead singers voice is the voice of the windy city of chicago. Chilling, uplifting, heartbreaking, beautiful. The guitar hooks are reminiscent of early Coldplay but more swooping like Travis. Whatever the combination, it works and its beautiful.

Second of all

www.tinymixtapes.com

this is pretty cool. People submit ideas for mix tapes like "Songs to listen to while drinking coffee and watching the sunrise and wondering why the girl you had sex with the night before left before you got up." or "Songs to play at my job at the childrens museum"

just thought I'd share.

No comments: